|← Previous Minigame|
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
| Tram & Pauline|
トランとポリン Toran to Porin
|Perfect Reward||Marcher's Diary|
Tram & Pauline (トランとポリン Toran to Porin ) is the 16th rhythm game in Rhythm Tengoku. Two performers, Tram (the boy) and Pauline (the girl), are performing a magic transformation act while they jump on trampolines.
In this rhythm game, the player controls both Tram and Pauline's transformations. While Tram and Pauline bounce on their trampolines, they will crouch down for a high jump at certain points. The player must press the corresponding button at the very peak of this jump to transform them successfully. The player will transform the pair alternately or at the same time.
- D-Pad: Transform Tram
- A button: Transform Pauline
- Hit: The character successfully transforms and the performance continues.
- Barely: The character will only partially transform, frowning. It will have a human figure with a fox muzzle, fox ears, and a short tail. A barely counts as a miss.
- Miss: The character will not transform at all.
- "団長のゲキ" (Ring Leader's Manifesto)
- "トランくん、やりなおし。" (Tram, try again.)
- "ポリンちゃん、やりなおし。" (Pauline, try again.)
- "あせったらダメ。集中してね。" (It's no good if you rush. Concentrate.)
- "う~ん．．．" (Yeah...)
- "まぁまぁ、 かな。" (OK, I guess?)
- "とりあえず．．．" (Anyway...)
- "よしと します。" (You did your best.)
- "かなり カッコよかったぞ！" (That was pretty cool!)
- "とても ビューティフルだった！" (That was very beautiful!)
- "すごい アクロバティックだ！" (Amazing acrobatics!)
- On the title screen, there is an error where Pauline is colored orange instead of pink. This error was fixed in the arcade version.
- This minigame is notably based on the kitsune of Japanese mythology. Kitsunes are foxes who can shapeshift at will.
- Tram and Pauline's names are a pun on toranporin, the Japanese word for trampoline.
- Tram makes three cameos in later games:
- In Rhythm Heaven, Tram appears in the rating screens for Remix 2. Here, he is a surfer who's skill varies depending on the player's performance.
- In Rhythm Heaven Fever and Rhythm Heaven Megamix, in the epilogue of Figure Fighter 2 (Fever) or Figure Fighter 3 (Megamix), Tram can be seen behind the Muscle Doll.
- This game, Polyrhythm, its sequel, Catchy Tune and its sequel have a similar controls/rhythm.
Tranvía y Pauline
Трамвай и Полина
트램 & 폴린