"Invasion alert! Invasion alert! Scramble
|← Previous Minigame|
The Clappy Trio
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
|Appearance||Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|Perfect Reward||1 Flow Ball|
Shoot-'em-up (シューティング shutingu "shooting") is the 11th minigame and it's a variant of Shoot-'Em-Up from Rhythm Heaven that appears in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. The player controls a Blastronaut in a spaceship on an important mission to stop the aliens from invading Earth with little help of Shoot-'Em-Up Radio Lady.
A sequel later appears in Citrus Tower under the title Shoot-'em-up 2.
GameplayThis game is played in first person view from the spaceship. A varying number of aliens will appear on the screen one by one in groups. All aliens have appeared when the music reaches the end of its chorus. The player must then repeat the number and time they appeared, relying on the rhythm of the music. If a beat is missed, that alien will escape and damage your spaceship. Pressing A or D-Pad will shoot and destroy an alien. Notice that there are only two waves of aliens coming in two verses in this game instead of three.
- A or D-Pad: Shoot
Simple Tap Mode
- Tap: Shoot
- Hit: The alien is destroyed completely
- Barely: The alien is only disabled, not completely destroyed. A barely counts as a miss.
- Miss: The alien damages the player's spaceship.
- "Commander's Debriefing"
- "Some enemies got past you."
- "Your trigger finger is a little slow."
- "Eh. Passable."
- "That was a glorious battle."
- "Incredible work on the fast shots!"
|I don't know If I should report the captain--he keeps using his CommPad to invite us out for coffee and dessert after missions. It's against the rules...but I love dessert.|
When there are only two aliens shoot the second one at the perfect moment to collect the star.
- Punch! Shoot! Smack!
- The Radio Lady informs you on a CommPad which looks like a Wii U gamepad.
- The planet Jupiter can be seen in the background.
- The Radio Lady resembles Zero Suit Samus from the Metroid series.
- This is one of a few games to keep the same controls for tapping from Rhythm Heaven to Rhythm Heaven Megamix if you are using the stylus.
In Other Languages