"Fellow Martians, I've encountered an Earthling!
|← Previous Minigame|
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
| Second Contact|
かえってきた 通訳者 Kaettekita Tsuyakusha
|Appearance||Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|Perfect Reward||1 Flow Ball|
Second Contact (かえってきた 通訳者 Kaettekita Tsuyakusha "Return of Interpreter") is the 46th minigame and it's a sequel to First Contact in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. The point of the game is to translate what is being said to the rhythm. It is similar to First Contact. In this game, the player controls a Martian translating a human named Farmer Bob.
Second Contact's gameplay focuses on repeating a pattern by hitting the A button or directional pad. The Farmer Bob will start by speaking to a rhythm represented by a symbol (a picture of a person) and then give the Martian a cue to repeat that same rhythm, translating the symbols to words. It is also played the same way like in prequel, but this time it's more complex and a bit tricky having symbols appearing really fast to hit.
Good dialog (Sequel) (Japanese)
Hi, people of Mars! (Howdy, Martian folks.)
How do you do? (How y'all doing?)
I am an Earthling.
...And single! (...I'm single.)
Don't get your hopes up... (Well as you can see,)
Not all humans... (I happen to be,)
look as good as me! (really good looking.)
...Ladies! (...That was a joke.)
Let's get some tea... (Ahh, I wanna be popular. (with ladies))
and talk planets. (Ahh, I wanna be popular. (with ladies))
I'm going to... (But, now...)
work up my courage to say... (I am going to confess!)
to [A different three-syllable name may appear here each time.]...
for oh... ("I have always,")
so, so... ("AAALLWAYS,")
long I have been... ("since long ago,")
very much in love with... ("I have always been in love!")
yummy PORK RICE BOWLS! ("with katsudon.")
Ummm...yeah. (Well, then,)
I should head back soon... (I better head back,)
for my tentacle graft. (to the beauty salon!)
...Kidding! (...That was a joke.)
Bad dialog (sequel)
Guess who I am?
You guys look like octopuses!
I want a taco.
Where are the donuts?
Are you gonna eat that?
Did I say something wrong?
- A or D-Pad: Translate
Simple Tap Mode
- Tap: Translate
- Hit: Proper translation of Bob's words occurs.
- Barely: The Martian translate Farmer Bob's words in a high-pitched voice.
- Miss: A question-mark is displayed over the failed section, and the rest of the sentence is not translated. If a sentence is missed from the beginning, dialogue from the "Bad dialog" section appears instead, making Farmer Bob look sad.
- "Mars Control to Farmer Bob"
- "What was that? We wait with bated breath!"
- "Didn't quite catch that--not sure we wanted to."
- "Eh. Passable."
- "Yup, definitely heard you loud and clear..."
- "Even when things got awkward, you nailed it."
|Everyone was surprised at how quickly we started a culinary exchange with Mars, but they shouldn't have been. Look at it! It's basically a space meatball!|
The Skill Star for this game can be collected when the human says "...Ladies!"
- When the Martian scientists are shown, the alien from Spaceball can be seen.
- When the Martian badly translates the Earthling's language, his high-picthed voice is a sped up version of the Wrestler when he does poses to the fans in Ringside.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||かえってきた通訳者 Return to Interpreter|
|German||Der zweite kontakt|
|Korean||돌아온 통역사 Return of Interpreter|