|Bureaucrats (nominations)||Admins (nominations)||Rollback (requests)||Chat Mods (nominations)||Bots|
|Administrator • Bureaucrat|
Since: 15:57, September 29, 2012 (UTC)
Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
- Delete pages, page histories, files etc
- Rename files (these are mainly images and videos).
- Lock/protect a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without administrator rights.
- Block an IP address or user name from editing.
- Revert bad edits more easily using a "rollback" link.
- Edit the MediaWiki namespace to make changes to the interface.
- Grant users Chat Moderator rights.
Becoming an administrator
- Main Article: Nominations for adminship
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. On larger Wikia, there will usually be a community page for requests, with a page name such as "Rhythm Heaven Wiki:Nominations for adminship". On a smaller wiki, you may simply ask on the community portal or forum, or ask a bureaucrat directly on his or her talk page.
If there are no active bureaucrats, use the "Requests for adminship" page to nominate users to become admins or bureaucrats. Once a community decision has been reached (or if there is no active community to debate the decision), please leave a message at the wiki adoption requests page and Wikia Staff can provide the rights.
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
|Administrator||Time Zone||Current Time|
|Yuzura||(UTC -6)||03:00, March 19, 2018 (Monday)|
- For the most accurate times, you should refresh the page.