The toy is a telephone which plays touch-tone sounds with rising pitch when numbers are pressed, with 1 having the lowest pitch and 9 having the highest, except 5, which make a low-pitched beep when pressed.
- Press Green Phone Icon = Pick up receiver and enable number pad
- Press Red Phone Icon = Hang up receiver and disable number pad
- Press Number = Play that number's tone
- Entering the number from Business Card, (555) EAT-BEET (or 831♪831♪831♪ in the Japanese version), will have the farmer from Crop Stomp pick up the line.
- Entering the number from Samurai Slice (DS), 555-SAMURAI (or 246936♪1 in the Japanese version), will play the sounds of the Wandering Samurai from Rhythm Tengoku.
- Entering the number from the Battle of the Bands menu screen, 555-ROCK-OUT (or 44♪82831♪ in the Japanese version), will play the music from Rap Men from Rhythm Tengoku. The Japanese version will play clips from the original game, but the international versions translated the Japanese (it changed 「たのしい!」 (tanoshi!) to 'Havin' Fun!').
- Entering the number from Tunnel, (555) PECK-YES (or 2'♪21♪98 in the Japanese version), will play sounds of the Blue Birds alongside a snare drum.
Each region's version of the Nintendo DS Rhythm Heaven has a different symbol on the 5 key. The North American version has an inverted eighth note with a 5 imposed on the note head, the Japanese and Korean version has an eight note (♪), and the European version just has the number 5.
In Other Languages