"Mission control, we encountered
|← Previous Minigame|
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
| First Contact|
|Appearance||Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|Perfect Reward||1 Flow Ball|
A sequel later appears in Citrus Tower under the title Second Contact.
As is expected, the gameplay is around translating what the Martian says. This is done by hitting the button in the same way that the Martian shows, as the alien will say something in a beat, and you must match said beat to translate him properly.
Good dialog (Japanese)
People of Earth,
how do you do?
I live on Mars. (I am a Martian.)
We're glad you made it. (I want to become,)
You want to meet (really good friends)
my leader? (with you all.)
Last time... (Recently,)
Earthings visited... (I became aware.)
You left... (Katsudon)
behind PORK RICE BOWLS!! (is crazy delish!)
Mars will never... (And so)
be the same. (everyone,)
Don't be a stranger! (our paths cross again!)
Bad dialog (Japanese)
Hey, carbon blobs! (Hey, you pricks!)
You are weird looking! (Sup?)
I am your ruler now. (It's me, of course!)
Hoping for... (With you pricks,)
mercy? (I wanna be)
Not a chance. (crappy friends with ya.)
Bow, worms! (Pfft! (losers))
Now I am... (How can I put it...)
hungry! (I'm hungry.)
Are you done? (It's a pain in the ass though,)
Hurry up and leave! (Pfft! (you losers))
I care not for... (I mean, whatever,)
your species. (you scumbags.)
But I hunger. (How can I put it,)
So hungry. (I'm hungry.)
Begone, insects! (Pfft! (losers))
- A or D-Pad: Translate
Simple Tap Mode
- Tap: Translate
- Hit: Proper translation of the Martian's words occured.
- Barely: The astronaut will translate the Martian's words in a high-pitched voice.
- Miss: A question-mark is displayed over the failed section and fails to translate the rest of the sentence. If it is a fail from the first word then a different sentence will pop up in blue, this text says something that will make the Martian look bad.
- "Ground Control to Translator Tom"
- "Our new friend looks...dissatisfied."
- "Who what now?"
- "Eh. Passable."
- "You've bridged the gap between Earth and Mars!"
- "We even caught the mumbly bits."
- "They like pork rice bowls? Hey, WE like those too!"
Pork Rice Bowl
|Some Earthling astronauts left this delicious dish behind when they visited Mars. Everyone here loved it! I hear that there's a pork-rice-bowl restaurant opening next month.|
The second time you have to wait before you can say one thing press the button at the right to collect the star.
- If one listens closely during the crowd amusement, they can hear the "call" command from Nintendogs which is another game from the Nintendo Series.
- The Spaceball alien makes a cameo in OK rating screen.
- The Superb Rating Notes say "You built the bridge between Earth and Mars.", as well as the notes being sent from "Ground Control to Translator Tom", which makes a reference to a song called Space Oddity by the late David Bowie.
In Other Languages
|German||Der erste Kontakt|