"I like to hang out at the bottom of
|← Previous Minigame|
|List of Games||Next Minigame →|
| Catchy Tune|
階段キャッチ Kaidan Kyattchi
|Appearance||Rhythm Heaven Megamix|
|Perfect Reward||1 Flow Ball|
Catchy Tune (階段キャッチ Kaidan Kyattchi) is the fourth minigame introduced in Rhythm Heaven Megamix. In this game, the player controls two characters, Praline & Araline, one with the letter "A" on their shirt, and one with a D-Pad "+" on their shirt, as they catch the pineapples and oranges that bounce off from the top of stairs in an alley in the city.
A sequel later appears in Honeybee Tower under the title Catchy Tune 2.
The object of the game is to catch the fruit that drop from either the left or right sides of the screen. You use the D-Pad (+) for Praline to catch the ones on the left, and the A button for Araline to catch the ones on the right. The oranges are quick and bounce low (in three beats), but the pineapples are slower and bounce high (in three different beats).
- A: Araline; catch
- D-Pad: Praline; catch
Simple Tap Mode
- Tap: Either Araline, Praline, or both; catch
- Hit: The player catches the fruit in their hands.
- Barely: The player will flick the fruit away. A barely counts as a miss.
- Miss: The player will be hit in the face by the fruit.
- "Passerby Comments"
- "You missed some oranges."
- "The pineapples were tough, huh?"
- "Eh. Passable."
- "You caught those oranges well!"
- "Those pineapples can't get past you!"
|Canvas Bags, Please!|
| I love the market on the hill, but|
the bags they use are so flimsy!
Yesterday my bag ripped and all of my fruit-salad
ingredients went bouncing down the stairs!
When two pineapples are falling down the stairs on both sides catch both of them at the right moment to collect the star.
- A Tale of Dietary Fiber
- A member of the Clappy Trio can be seen in the wanted poster right to Araline.
- This game has similar controls/rhythm to Tram & Pauline, Polyrhythm and its sequel.
- Catchy Tune is included in the Rhythm Heaven Megamix Demo.
- This game's files include some unused spritesheets of a monkey and cat, as well as small fruits, a puppy and kitten, and coconut. These were planned to be added to its threequel, but this was scrapped.
- Surprisingly, these spritesheets can be found in its sequel, too.
In Other Languages
|Japanese||階段キャッチ Stairway Catch|
|Korean||계단 캐치 Stair Catch|